|From: Gunrockets (Original Message)||Sent: 07/10/2003 14:26|
THANKS TO LAZ....
The world is full of rapists and muggers. Here are some tips for women and girls in the unfortunate case they should meet up with a pedophile or a Clinton-type.
Tips for girls and women, regardless of age:
* The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, ... do it!
* If you are ever thrown in the trunk of a car; Kick out the back tail lights; Stick your arm out of the hole, and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives!
Three reasons women are easy targets:
* Lack of Awareness. You must know where you are, what's going on around you.
* Body language. Keep your head up, swing your arms, stand straight up.
* Wrong Place, wrong time. Don't walk alone in an alley, or drive in a bad neighborhood at night.
Getting in to your car:
* As soon as you get in your car, lock the doors, and leave!
* Be aware, ... look around you, and look in your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
* If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door.
* Look at the cars parked next to you. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, walk back into the mall, or work and get a guard/policeman to walk back out with you. (Better paranoid than dead.)
* Always take the elevator instead of stairs. Do not get on an elevator if a weirdo is already on. And remember, bad men don't always look bad.
* Do not stand back in the corners of the elevator, be near the front, by the doors, ready to get off or on.
* If you get on the elevator, and the "Boogie Man" gets on the next few floors, get off when he gets on.
* If the predator has a gun (and you're not under his control) always run! Even police only make 4 of 10 shots, in a range of 3-9 feet. This is due to stress. The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times. And even then, it will most likely not be in a vital organ.
Tips to save your life if you've gotten into a violent situation:
* React immediately! If he abducts you in a parking lot, and is taking you to an abandoned area, don't let him get you to that area! If you're driving, crash your car while still going 5 mph. If he's driving, find the right time, and stick your fingers in his eyes. He must watch the road, so choose an unsuspecting time, and gouge him. It is your only defense!!! While he is in shock, get out. (This sounds gross, but the alternative is your fault if you do not act.)
* Resist.. Don't go along with him, & run, ... if you are able;
* Don't ever give up! You do not want to get to a crime scene.
* Always keep your distance when walking past strangers.
* Get a cell phone and keep it handy.
* Avoid breakdowns, ... by keeping your car in good working order. If your car does break down lock your doors. You should have a cell phone to call for help. If it's noon on a business day, you may want to put on your hazard lights, and walk to safety.
Physical defenses women can use:
* The eyes are the most vulnerable part of the body. Poke him there, hard. It may be your only window of opportunity.
* The knees are very vulnerable, and a swift kick to the knees will take anyone down.
* A well placed kick in the groin area should give you plenty of time to get away.
A cautionary note about these things:
* If you do not do these things right the first time; you are in trouble, because it will only anger the individual, and that anger will be taken out on you. I'm not saying don't attempt them (it may be your only hope), but be forceful when you do.
* If you are walking alone in the dark (which you shouldn't be), and you find him following/chasing you Scream, "Fire!" not, "Help". People don't want to get involved when people yell "help", but "fire" draws attention because people are basically nosey.
* Run! Find an obstacle, such as a parked car, and run around it, like "Ring Around the Rosie." This may sound silly, but it has saved lives.
Our world is not as safe as we pretend, and living in our fantasy worlds will get us in trouble. The women and girls who die every minute from violent crimes expected to go to bed tonight, and wake up tomorrow. Be prepared to act, and act hard! Have a plan.
I would encourage you to pass this on to all women, not just your friends and family, but everybody.
2-6 of 6
Just a couple of comments from someone who's been there--AND yes I know this is shouting----
PLEASE NEVER TELL A WOMAN TO KICK IN THE GROIN-- MOST MEN EXPECT THAT-- THAT IS FUTILE AND MANY KNOW HOW TO OVERRIDE THAT
PEPPER SPRAY CAN BE OVERCOME
AND HATE TO SAY THIS BUT MANY SELF DEFENSE CLASSES ARE BOGUS BECAUSE YOU WILL DO SOMETHING STUPID:
DON'T BOTHER TO USE THE MOVES UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO MAIM OR KILL THE PERSON -- SAME THING GOES FOR GUNS-- YOU MUST MAKE THAT DECISION AHEAD OF TIME--OR YOUR 3 SEC DELAY OF DECISION CAN BE COSTLY. AND DON'T BE STUPID ENOUGH TO TRY AND STAY AROUND AND FIGHT.
Yes-- attitude works to a point-- sends a signal you aren't a wimp or a victim and they may be less likely to strike. BUT you must be able to carry through. It is no different a game than lawyers play in the courtroom or whatever political game goes on in the office-- except this time it is your life and the decision to maim or kill must be made ahead of time or the perp will seize the moment. And I REPEAT-- do NOT stand around and fight but if the opportunity arises-- maim/kill and get the h*** out.
Thanks to Peckerwood
From: peckerwood (Original Message)
|Sent: 12/10/2003 9:11 AM|
Good Safety Info Ladies! Please take the time to read this. I know you are smart enough to know these pointers but there will be some, where you will go hmm I must remember that". After reading this, forward it to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide to New Orleans If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you....
chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car:
Kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage: A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat. B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars. C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.
(And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs.(Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic:
STOP IT! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point Fwd: Crying Baby Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over.
The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night. Please pass this on! and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby.
This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.
I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle.
I was going to send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you you may want to pass it onto them, as well.
Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it's better safe than sorry.
More things to do;
Anyone abducted, (cildren need to know this too) needs to leave a evidence trail. That is articals,(small, sometimes very small torn off peices).DNA, spit where its not obvious, as on floors, windows, their back. Leave blood, pinch, or scratch around cuticals, Bit tongue and spray blood around, Let your bowls go. release your bladder, Do not give up, Remember as in any SURVIVAL situation you BRAIN is your best tool to help you through. Keep your composure, FAKE loosing your composure. Use your imagination/brain. DO-NOT think you have to be told what to do. The information you pickup here or in any forum is only good if you use it for reference. The last chapter hasn't, nor will ever be wrote in the survival manual.
1) It takes approximately 1.5 seconds for an average person (not just pro-athletes, but anyone who is not handicapped) to cover 21 feet. If you have a gun and a person pulls a knife on you within 21 feet, in most states, this is seen is imminent threat (check your laws to be sure), but you ca not pull a gun and fire a shot, even an unaimed shot, before you're stabbed. It is practically impossible to pull a gun from concealment and fire in 1.5 seconds.
2) It only takes 2-3 minutes to bleed to death if stabbed or shot in the heart (providint that the heart is not instantly destroyed by the force of the bullet passing through).
3) A 3 year old child can kick with sufficient force to break an adult male's knee.
4) If forced to use a gun to defend yourself, never try for a pelvic shot. Yes, if you shatter the pelvic joint the person will go down, and assuming that they have a contact weapon (not a gun), the threat will be neutralized. However, the pelvic shot is not as easy as one assumes; it's actually very difficult to hit the pelivc joint and, as a result, most people hit the groin or lower abdomen. Also, the few police departments that do authorize officers to take pelvic shots do so as a "failure to stop" alternative, not as a primary shooting target; the primary target is always center of mass
5) Do not just keep firing center of mass until the person stops. The central nervous system begins shutting down within 2 seconds of the initial trauma (your first two shots), and subsequent shots are useless if the first two fail. The only guranteed stopping shot, should the first two center of mass shots fail to stop the subject, is the cranio-occular shot, which will result in instant death or loss of consiousness, even on drug-crazed attackers.
2-6 of 6