Good Safety Info Ladies! Please take the time to read this. I know you are smart enough to know these pointers but there will be some, where you will go hmm I must remember that". After reading this, forward it to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide to New Orleans If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you....
chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car:
Kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage: A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat. B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars. C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.
(And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs.(Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic:
STOP IT! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point Fwd: Crying Baby Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over.
The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night. Please pass this on! and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby.
This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.
I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle.
I was going to send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you you may want to pass it onto them, as well.
Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it's better safe than sorry.
GR,this might help also..
The crime of HOME INVASION can be one of the most violent a person can encounter. Most families are not aware of the extreme dangers connected with HOME INVASION. We would like to point out the DO'S and DON'TS relating to this type of crime.
Let's start by listing some reasons why criminals are committing HOME INVASIONS compared to other types of crimes, and also explore ways to avoid becoming a VICTIM!
AT A GLANCE:
** Criminals are quickly realizing it's easier and SAFER TO COMMIT A CRIME OF HOME INVASION than holding up a convenience store. The rewards are also 'MUCH "GREATER"!
** Criminals are aware most home dwellers are not thinking about someone forcing their way into their home. Unfortunately that give's the bad guys "THE ADVANTAGE".
** One reason HOME INVASIONS are on the increase is simply because it's a matter of "CRIMINAL ECONOMICS". . . where else can a criminal get so much under one roof. THINK ABOUT IT!
WAYS TO AVOID HOME INVASION:
Rule #1 Keep all doors locked whenever possible. Hide a spare key outside in case of a "LOCK OUT"!
Rule #2 Always keep the window shades closed (at night) especially in the Kitchen. Believe it or not, most kitchen windows do not have treatments. Exposed windows can tell the criminal element a lot about how vulnerable you are! What they can't see brings reluctance on their part, and they move on!
Rule #3 HOME ALONE?. . . NEVER LET IT LOOK THAT WAY! Use the "camouflage approach" lights, radio, TV, sound; utilize the entire house. A television in a dark room "flickers" and gives the appearance of more than one person in the room, as viewed from the outside.
Rule #4 Be alert every time you drive home (especially women). Criminals have been known to follow a potential victim home after stalking them. They may only want to see where you live, only to return later.
SHOULD THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPEN:
Rule #5 Cooperate with the intruder (s). This will have a calming effect and lessen the chance of being injured. Remember. It's better to give up your possessions than your life!
Rule #6 NEVER look the intruder (s) directly in the eyes. By doing so they may feel you will be able to identify them, thus placing your life in danger.
Rule #7 Should you possess more than one gun, I might suggest hiding one in a master bathroom. Intruders often put a family member in this room. It is the least threatening room and the best place to store a weapon.
HAVE A TELEPHONE CODE. . . among family members and close friends. Should your home ever experience a HOME INVASION OR INTRUDER the only lifeline could be your TELEPHONE!
LET'S PRETEND. . . . there is a HOME INVASION in progress.
"THE TELEPHONE RINGS"! The intruder will likely tell you not to answer it!. . .Tell them you are expecting a very important call, and the caller knows you're home and if you don't answer, they will suspect something is wrong, and call your neighbor.
Should they allow you to answer, and it is someone who knows about the CODE get it across in a natural tone and hope you caller DIALS . 911.
(c) copyright 2000 CrimeAwareness , Inc. All rights reserved.