By: Jessica W.
We all know that a woman's self-image is impacted greatly by her weight, but what about her sex life? Often, when a woman has gained weight she feels inhibited in bed and turned off to intimacy. But there's also a flip side: When a woman is extremely focused on losing weight, she can lose her sex drive due to a preoccupation with food, calorie counting and exercise. And some women who lose weight in areas like the breasts, hips and abdomen may even feel less sexy.
But what about the men? Are they the big losers in this battle of the bulge? Many men say they can't tell the difference between 5 and 15 pounds, and they also confess to loving their woman's body most when she herself loves her body. So what can you do to boost your body image in the bedroom? Here are 10 foolproof tips:
1. Remember that when you love yourself you'll attract more love into your life. Sound simple? That's because it is.
2. You have to make peace with your body. If you don't love it, no one else will.
3. Monitor the use of the "Language of Fat," or any form of body bashing, in your relationships. Make sure it isn't impeding your intimacy and connection.
4. Don't blame your love troubles on your curves 鈥?if there are problems in your relationship, it most likely isn't because of your size.
5. Replenish and renew! By treating yourself with more loving kindness, you'll foster a connection that helps you get closer to sensuality and intimacy.
6. Get massages, and give each other massages. Don't underestimate the power of touch.
7. Stay focused on the moment and not what you think you look like. Be present with your lover 鈥?it'll enhance the entire experience.
8. Your partner has body insecurities too. Use your love and affection to heal and accept each other's body as is.
9. Build intimacy by focusing on hugging, whispering and sharing intimate thoughts. You are more than your body!
10. Enjoy the pleasure of being loved. There's no bigger turn-on than embracing your sexuality.