MISBEHAVIN' POLICIES & DISCIPLINES
If you are reading this, you are a welcome and valued member of Silken Fire's Fireplace... In recognition and salute to your adult status, we will not be assuming that Mama neglected her duties in raising her kids with manners and principles. On the other hand, we don't want to leave you without some guidelines for what will be considered acceptable or unacceptable here... so, without further adieu:
1. There will be no gender-bashing in this room. We have created many forums designed to let you write out your anger or disappointment toward the critter who has upset you but not toward all males or all females. This is a romance room and if you are upset with the opposite sex, it will only defeat your purpose in being here to make derogatory statements about an entire gender. Remember, all generalities are FALSE... including this one!;
2. Please do not post nudes or semi-nudes of yourselves or others to the Picture Albums, your MSN profile or our Message Forums. Fantasy art is welcome if it is in good taste but please check with the managers if you have any doubt about your posting. Anything questionable or offensive will be immediately removed;
3. Please do not use profanity (unless it is "chat-converted") when chatting in the main chatroom;
4. Please ask your intended recipient if it's okay to whisper them, BEFORE you whisper them;
5. Second identities are understood here at the Fireplace... You may wish to create a fictitious profile for your candid submissions to the message forums to be able to speak openly on our topics without fear of reprisals of any kind;
6. Please fill out your MSN profiles to, at minimum, include your ASL. ASL stands for age, sex, location. The location is your city or town with the province - not just the province. As a romance room, we feel it is fair that other members are able to determine those basic statistics when in the chatroom;
7. It must be clearly understood that harassment, threats or any other behaviors that constitute a security risk to any member, will be taken very seriously by management and expedient actions will be taken by any host or hostess who has been apprised of these events. If you have difficulties with any member, please cut, paste and save the conversation and bring it to the immediate attention of one of your hosts or hostesses;
8. If you have your own MSN chat room, please contact Silken so that she can arrange to post a link to your room under "Friends of Fire" after she has reviewed your site. Here at Silken's Fireplace, we believe that our members should be able to chat wherever they please. However, if your site is purely pornographic, cautions will be issued alongside the link so that none of our members will be shocked or offended. Once again, this is a romance room and not to be used as a venue for simply promoting your own room. If you do not have a sincere desire to contribute to THIS ROOM as a member of THIS community, then you have entered without good intentions and we will be asking you to leave. Please do not copy my work to your room and do not remain in cups in this room when you are finished chatting here unless you are a manager of this room.
9. Please resist the urge to slag any other person in the chatroom. Treat others as you would have them treat you!
10. ALL Members MUST complete the Mini-Profiler to be found in our "Members' Surveys & Intros" Forum... NEW Members MUST say hello and complete the Mini-Profile within TEN (10) days of joining our community.
11. Messages containing names, group names, email addresses, personal information, "warnings" about people/groups, or personal attacks towards anyone are not allowed, and will be deleted. Whether they are true or not, it is against MSN's CoC and ToU to post such things. MSN's TOU, CoC.
The hosts and hostesses of Silken Fire's Fireplace have been selected because of their experience with chatrooms, their maturity, their fairness and their gentle dispositions. They are here to assist all of us and giving of their valuable time and talents to make this room a wonderful, safe place to spend playful time in.... In Silken's absence, they have her full authority to administer the following disciplines according to what the circumstances warrant. Disrespectful behavior toward your hosts and hostesses will not be tolerated. The following is our procedure when difficult circumstances arise:
a) In the first instance, if a member appears to be upset or upsetting other members, a host will ask you into "Whispers" to assist you in composing yourself and determining the cause of your upset. The first visit to Whispers constitutes a first warning that a member is causing tension in the room. The host or hostess will make it clear that this visit to Whispers is a first warning;
b) If the upsetting behavior persists, a member will be warned ONCE in the main chatroom that they are receiving a second warning so that the room then becomes aware that the host or hostess is becoming concerned;
c) If the upsetting behavior continues after that, the host or hostess will issue a temporary ban of the length that he or she feels is necessary to provide a cooling off period for those concerned. This temporary suspension of privileges is not a punishment or an attribution of liability to one person but a time to allow cooler minds to prevail. At this point, the host or hostess will apprise Silken of the situation and the suspended member may wish to speak with Silken via email to state their position.
d) Two suspensions of the same member within one month will cause a permanent ban of that member on the third offensive event. At this time, the member will be apprised of the decision by email from Silken and may wish to respond with any information that the member feels may alter the decision to ban. We recognize that friendships and romances are formed at the Fireplace and do not wish to have to sever those connections for anything other than the most grievous of reasons. Please ensure that your email addies are available to Silken so that she can contact you if the need arises.
e) No member shall be discussed openly in the room by any of the hosts or hostesses. Your communications will be treated with confidentiality and respect at all times.
It is our fullest intention to keep our membership, strong, loving, respectful and enjoying their time here. Our hammers symbolize our willingness to assist and not the ability to sever people from the room. If, for any reason, you are not enjoying your time beside the Fire, please contact Silken.
If you wish to contact the management with respect to any of these policies or disciplines, please also feel free to ask your hosts or hostesses for further explanations or clarifications of them.
Now... play and enjoy.... THIS AND THIS ALONE, is our wish for you. Love, excitement and romance are alive and well beside the Fire....
With love and respect,
Silken & Crew