Master the 7 Basic Steps of Feng Shui
Page 4 of 7 Pages Study the Five Elements Feng Shui Theory to help you balance all the feng shui 5 elements in your home, as well as strengthen specific elements in specific areas. For example, if you are working on attracting more Abundance, you will introduce the feng shui element of Wood, as well as the Water element into the Southeast area of your space.
Feng Shui 5 Elements: How Do They Work?
The easiest way to get your life moving by using feng shui is to bring the energy of specific colors in order to achieve the results you want. Color is very powerful, as it is light, and many spaces are starved for light. So bring it on!
One of the basic principles of feng shui is the principle of five elements, which are Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water. The elements interact between themselves in certain ways, generally defined as the Productive and Destructive cycles. Each element is represented by a specific color, and color is the easiest way to use the five elements principle to bring more harmony into your space.
Here is the color correspondence of each of the five feng shui elements:
- WOOD: Green, Brown
- FIRE: Red, Strong Yellow, Orange, Purple
- EARTH: Light Yellow. Sandy/Earthy, Light Brown
- METAL: White, Gray
- WATER: Blue, Black
- Knowing how to use color to strengthen and balance your environment may be a complex subject, but there are always basics to it. The right placement of colors is defined by the Ba-Gua, or the energy map of your space.
For example, the energy of the South area is connected to your Fame & Recognition. A better translation, actually, is the "Light, or Fire within", and it is connected to the image you project to other people, your identity in the eyes of others, as well as how good/strong you are at spreading and maintaining your own Light/Identity/Values. The element of South is Fire, and the colors related to it are Red, Purple, Yellow and Orange. Obviously, you would not want to put down your own fire, which means you should not bring Blue or Black colors to the South area of your space (Water puts down the Fire.)
Before bringing color into your environment, be sure to study the light patterns throughout the day in your space, as well as see how it works with the other "inhabitants" of your space, such as furniture pieces, decoration objects, art, etc. You would like all of them to have a good time, rather than arguing and fighting over your attention.
- Color Green is excellent/very healing in improving health and balancing family life when used in the East.
- Color Blue is very good in the North area to support and help you with your career plans or in the East (Health/Family) and Southeast (Prosperity/Abundance) to water/nourish the Wood element.
- Have some Yellow in the South for happy gatherings and good times.
- Pure White in the West to support you in your creative endeavors.
From Rodika Tchi,
Your Guide to Feng Shui.
Information found on
For Page 5